Finally I managed to compile the instructions on making a foam flower. Please bear with me as this is the first time I'm actually putting down instructions on making a flower.
Instructions on making the Foam Flower
- MATERIALS NEEDED:
- Foam Paper (Any Colour)
- Stocking Wire
- Nylon Thread
- Stem Wire
- Stamen (Mostly Yellow)
- Foam Paper is easily available in Art and Craft Stores. Usually you get a packet of about 10 sheets in different colours. It measures 20cm * 15 cm and is really thin. It easily cuts through.
- Take each part and mark about 1 cm on one side. This will serve as a guide while cutting the petals.
- Now take each part and cut very thin lines on each of the 5 parts leaving the 1 cm space that you marked. Be careful not to cut it too thin or you will have some missing petals.
- You will need to use about 5 pieces of wire for each part. This will help in tying the petals because once you finish tying the flower the base becomes very thick. Also Foam is somewhat difficult to tie.
- Now take take few threads of stamen and tie it to the stem wire using nylon thread. Cover with some green tape.
- Now its time to tie the petals. Take one of the foam parts and roll it tightly round the stamen. The 1cm space that was left earlier will be the base used to tie the flower.
- Once you roll the petal around the stamen, tie it tightly with the help of nylon thread. It will be difficult to tie the foam part initially as the foam tends to slide off.
- The petals will spread out a little once you finish tying it. Tie it tightly and break off the thread. Take another foam and repeat the same action. You have to tie all the 5 parts in a similar manner.
- Like I said earlier the base becomes quite thick after you finish tying the petals but this helps because this flower has a thick calyx.
- To make the calyx you need to some cotton and wrap it around the base and give a roundish shape as shown.